I have lots of online outlets in which to share interesting things.
Here’s how I decide what goes where.
- Things I want to find again later or use on the web, I post to del.icio.us. I also use this for things which have a lot of related links that I want to direct people to all at once, but where the set may change. Like firefox extensions I use.
- Speaking of firefox, pages I want to read later that may disappear, or which I want to read offline, I save with slogger.
- Anything I find interesting and timely or comment on extensively, I post to my blog. These are likely not “things I want to find again”, but just things I find interesting now, although there’s some overlap.
- General, food-related, and photo questions currently go to Ask Metafilter, Chowhound, and photo.net, respectively. I try to also answer questions I can there.
- Any online resource with an rss or atom feed that I like and want to keep tabs on gets added to my bloglines feeds.